POLICE
I just had a birthday two days ago and in all my time as an
adult in this existence I have had limited encounters with law enforcement. But
the few times that I have, it has never been a positive experience, always a
negative one. One in which the officers carried “a better than you” attitude
with comments and all. I have lived in three states in my years, but only had
contact in two states, two cities and three counties. Each time it was not
about any law breaking issues concerning myself, but someone I was close to and
it required me being involved in some way or another. Granted I must admit I
have a rather closed mind when interacting with law enforcement because of an
experience as a youth which left me non- trusting feelings when it comes to that
branch of society. Growing up in the south I have seen enough injustice done to
the African American people until it has left me with a tainted angry and a
reluctance to deal with any type of law enforcement. Considering the many
situations that has occurred in today’s society, I know this is not the correct
way to be. But there is a shadow that always arises when I encounter or hear of
an encounter with the “lawless law”, and all that I hear they are doing to
bring the two communities together, I still do not trust them.
Why does there have to be a separation in the police and the
community in the first place. It seems that somewhere in their training they
have assumed the attitude that they are to be separated from the rest of
humanity. We are human being in this existence, just with different jobs. The
laws were made for everyone to obey. Once a particular individual puts on a
blue uniform they are not exempt from obeying the law and should not be excused
when they do. This purport injustice when they are.
I am not sure what it is going to take to change how I feel
about these men and women in blue, but I am looking for the change, I do not
like feeling this way about anyone. But I do not like them. #injustice
No comments:
Post a Comment